aconso is named as a Sample Vendor of Digital HR Document Management in the report
From our view, what the bible is to some the Gartner Hype Cycle is to emerging technology junkies. Since 1995, the global research and advisory company has been publishing Hype Cycle research, in which current and future technology trends are mapped in connection with public perception.
According to Gartner, the “Gartner Hype Cycles provide a graphic representation of the maturity and adoption of technologies and applications, and how they are potentially relevant to solving real business problems and exploiting new opportunities. Gartner Hype Cycle methodology gives you a view of how a technology or application will evolve over time, providing a sound source of insight to manage its deployment within the context of your specific business goals.”1 Further, “each Hype Cycle drills down into the five key phases of a technology’s life cycle.
- Innovation Trigger: A potential technology breakthrough kicks things off. Early proof-of-concept stories and media interest trigger significant publicity. Often no usable products exist and commercial viability is unproven.
- Peak of Inflated Expectations: Early publicity produces a number of success stories — often accompanied by scores of failures. Some companies take action; many do not.
- Trough of Disillusionment: Interest wanes as experiments and implementations fail to deliver. Producers of the technology shake out or fail. Investments continue only if the surviving providers improve their products to the satisfaction of early adopters.
- Slope of Enlightenment: More instances of how the technology can benefit the enterprise start to crystallize and become more widely understood. Second- and third-generation products appear from technology providers. More enterprises fund pilots; conservative companies remain cautious.
Plateau of Productivity: Mainstream adoption starts to take off. Criteria for assessing provider viability are more clearly defined. The technology’s broad market applicability and relevance are clearly paying off.”1
Hype Cycle for Human Capital Management Technology, 2020
The Hype Cycle for Human Capital Management Technology, 2020 provides, “this Hype Cycle informs application leaders who are supporting HCM technology transformations about the latest technological innovations on the market. It will help them prioritize investments by providing insights into the maturity of key applications and technologies.”1 We believe the digital customer journey plays a significant role in this, technology that focuses on the requirements of the user is at the center of attention. For example, within the next five to ten years, Digital HR Document Management technologies are expected to reach the Plateau of Productivity. According to Gartner, “digitization of HR documents can result in process productivity savings of 15% or greater due to:
- Time saved in searching for information versus manually responding to information requests or compliance audits.
- Delivery of secured access to data for HR staff to support HR processes.
- Risk mitigation of using dated or incorrect legal forms
- Avoidance of fines from regulatory bodies and potential costs of litigation.”2
aconso AG is one of 10 vendors recognized as a Sample Vendor of Digital HR Document Management within the report.
1 Gartner Methodologies “Gartner Hype Cycle,” 2020. https://www.gartner.com/en/research/methodologies/gartner-hype-cycle
2 Gartner “Hype Cycle for Human Capital Management Technology, 2020,” Helen Poitevin, 27 July 2020
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
aconso deals with the holistic creation of HR documents and the associated document management. Thereby all HR documents are mapped using the Employee Journey. The extension of the target group, which actively involves not only the HR department but also actors such as managers and employees, relieves HR in the long term and enables a uniform level of information for all process participants. Through the innovative gamification approach, which makes the user interface intuitive and visually appealing, aconso decouples the often somewhat dusty image from HR work and catapults the HR department into the new-work age. With the best practice solution of the aconso Digital Personnel File, HR departments become digital within five days. Thanks to the out-of-the-box thinking of the company group, complex HR processes such as the creation of a certificate or an employment contract can be created within 15 seconds. aconso relies on the 100% digital HR process and makes no compromises. From scanning paper files to fully automated HR processes, aconso follows the path of 100% digitalization together with its clients.